Hello my dear bookaholics 💕
Today I’m doing a Try a Chapter Tag – and I’m incredibly excited about it! This tag was created by Malia @ The Book Paradise and the rules are simple: pick out some books you’ve been meaning to read and read the first chapter of each to decide whether you’d like to read the entire book soon or not. I think reading the first chapter can give me a good perspective on the atmosphere and the writing style. I tend to dislike synopses because they reveal too much about the plot.
I wanted to do a Fairyloot edition of the tag because after having received Fairyloot subscription as a gift for some time, I have fallen behind in reading the books of the month! I want to read all of them, but I can’t decide in what order to do that. So, I’ll be reading the first chapter of each book to help me put them into an order. I’ll then try to read the 1st book on the list every month!
Warning: I’ll be including books from a range of Fairyloot boxes in this post, including books from the 2019 September and August boxes (but not October). If you have yet to receive your box for September or August, you might be spoiled for the book if you keep reading! Otherwise there will be no spoilers at all (I won’t even have any after reading just one chapter 😂 )
Here is my glorious stack of Fairyloot books:
Look how amazing all of their coloured pages are! There are more coloured ones than plain ones!
All the books and the boxes they came in:
- Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake: April 2018
- Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett: May 2018
- Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye: January 2019
- To Best the Boys by Mary Weber: March 2019
- Nocturna by Maya Motayne: April 2019
- The Beholder by Anna Bright: May 2019
- Wicked Fox by Kat Cho: July 2019
- The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen: August 2019
- Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin: September 2019