Hello! Sorry for my mini-hiatus, I’m currently travelling and finding Wi-Fi spots has been a pain. Nothing is more frustrating than endlessly looking for connection when you’re excited to look at others’ blog posts or do one of your own. Internet connection would also have been useful when I got lost on a run and wandered around aimlessly for an hour.
But now I have found WiFi, and I’ll use this precious opportunity to do the Mystery Blogger Award that I was kindly nominated for by Noly @ The Artsy Reader. Thank you so much! Go check out her blog, she is an amazing person and has a kick-ass twitter feed too.
The creator of the award is Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 things about myself:
HMMM. Well, I’m a complete introvert. When I’m around people, no matter how wonderful and nice and familiar, I need to hide somewhere alone for a minute once in a while to gather up some more energy to be around people.
I’m also a very efficient person. I like to plan stuff and if something needs doing I like to get it under control by either doing it straight away or making a plan on how to do it later. This also applies to random little things like grocery shopping 😂 My husband likes to wander around the store and find interesting things, but I have usually written up a list beforehand and I like to hunt down the things on the list as quickly as possible.
My third thing is that I like art. I use watercolours myself and I’m especially fond of botanical illustrations. I also have a very neglected Society 6 store. I wish I had a high-quality scanner so that I could add more of my paintings in there!
5 questions from Noly:
- Who do you look up to most, and why?
I look up to intelligent and passionate people. It’s difficult to name one person, but I have high respect for Oliver Sacks and Lisa Feldman Barrett for their inspiring psychological research and Emma Watson for fighting for feminist rights.
- How does a perfect day for you look?
MMM, a perfect day for me would include waking up late and then lazing in bed for an extra hour reading and sleeping. I would make a huge brunch with loads of cake and coffee. Later, I would go for a light run with an audiobook and take a long bath with a glass of wine and some snacks before going to a restaurant to eat. I have probably filled up the day, but if there is time left I would add some gaming or reading at home or a highly anticipated movie in cinema. After cinema, I would stop by at a midnight cafe-gelato place (completely fictional lol) and get an espresso and ice cream at 1am. There is something awesome about drinking coffee super late when you know you shouldn’t but you do it anyway.
- What is your all-time favorite memory?
A tough one! Oh no, I don’t know. Now I feel like I have made zero memories during my lifetime. I think one of my favourites is when I realised that a guy I had a crush on liked me back. I went to that guy’s flat with some friends and we ended up staying the night. When all of my friends were asleep, I watched sci-fi animes with the guy and we fell asleep cuddled up together on the couch. That anonymous guy is now my husband!
- What is your favorite item you own, and why?
My favourite item is a soft-toy elephant I got from my uncle when I was two-years-old. Over the years I have fixed it a billion times but he is still cute and fluffy! Yep my elephant is fluffy.
- And onto the weird/funny question: What do you do when no one is around or watching?
Probably not super original but I turn up the music volume and dance like a maniac. When I don’t feel like I want such a sweat-rush, I simply read books out loud.
OH WAIT, I DO HAVE ONE DARK SECRET: I sometimes do yoga nude. 🙈🙈
Favourite post I have ever done:
24h Readathon Blog, I’m hoping to do another one of these as soon as I get to take part in another readathon!
5 questions for my nominees:
- Describe your dream house and where it would be. No money limits!
- Do you have any auto-buy authors?
- What’s your Hogwarts house and do you feel like you belong to it? (My apologies for this one if you happen to not be a hp fan 😅)
and these two I borrowed:
4. What is your perfect day like?
5. Weird/funny: what do you do when no one is around or watching?