I’m excited to share that I was tagged by the wonderful Ashley to do the Sunshine Blogger Award! I love her blog which means that I was double-hyped to be tagged by her. Go check out her blog Ashley in Wonderland 😍
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
1. What’s the first book you remember reading (or having read to you?)
A tough one! Hmm. I think the first book that I remember being read to me was probably Astrid Lindgren’s The Children of Noisy Village. I eagerly tried to ‘read’ my big sister’s school books before I knew how to, but I remember actually reading Ronia, the Robber’s Daughter and Emily of New Moon by myself. I was a very impatient child so I would start a gazillion books and never finish them hah.
2. Tea or coffee?
I love both, so I’ll go with coffee in the morning and tea in the evening. My husband and I are actually pretty passionate about both; we order beeeautiful fresh green tea from Japan every spring and we get our coffee from a local roastery and grind it at home. Yeah, I know, we’re a bit extra. But in a good way, right?
3. Do you have any pets? Share a photo of them if you’re comfortable!
I sadly don’t. I really want to get a puppy because I grew up with three awesome tibetan spaniels but I got allergic when I moved out of my parent’s house. I think the constant exposure kept my allergy at bay but it caught up on me when I got my own place. But I’m still surrounded by fluff-babies whenever I visit my family because my mum has one pupper, my step-mum three, my brother one and my sister has two cats. So I’m always happy and half-dead from allergies when I visit. Here’s a picture of Luca, one of the puppers I grew up with, who also likes to stuff himself into tiny spaces:
4. What song can’t you get out of your head or what’s your favourite song right now?
I have been hyping the Greatest Showman Soundtrack for about 5 months now. I know I should let it go but it’s so catchy. My favourite song at the moment is The Other Side in which Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron jump on tables very assertively. Everytime I hear it I want to jump on a table too (and this urge is weird in grocery stores etc) (disclaimer: I usually try not to jump on tables in grocery stores.).
5. Do you have a favourite reading snack?
Muffins or cake. My husband loves to bake and I like to eat, the perfect combination!
6. Have you ever walked out of a movie theatre during a movie because it was so bad?
I have not! But I have come very close. I went to see the Legend of Barney Thomson a couple years ago when a close-by cinema was showing it for free. Well, my friends and I soon realised why it was being shown for free. 1/10 wouldn’t recommend 😂
7. What’s your favourite book to film adaption?
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. Unpopular opinion; I think I actually liked A Monster Calls better as a film. I didn’t shed a tear while reading the book but I kept on bawling for 15mins after the movie finished. And I had read the book before so I knew what was coming! But my heart 😭
8. What’s your least favourite book to film adaption?
Probably the Hunger Games. I was a huge fan of the trilogy when it came out but I wasn’t impressed with the movies. It might be partly due to the casting.
9. Library or bookstore?
Aw do I have to choose? A bookstore for wandering and dreaming. A library for getting all them books. A huge, second-hand bookstore delivers both.
10. If you could live in any city in the world, where would you choose?
I was in New Zealand a year and half ago with my husband and we both fell in love with Auckland. I think I want to live there! I loved the nature, atmosphere, culture and people there.
11. Do you have any blogging goals for this year?
As it is going to be my first ever year of blogging, I want to make it a regular thing for myself. I want to meet a lot of people too if possible!
- Lauren @ Northern Plunder
- Christine @ All Booked
- Lizbie @ Lizbie’s Nerdy World
- Mellyna @ Shattered Shelves
- Amy @ The Little Booknerds in the Corner
- Dani @ Dani’s Bookshelf
- Paige @ Just One More Pa(i)ge
- Life with All the Books
- Monika @ Lauregalie
- Debbie @ Debbie’s Library
- Erica @ The Novel Quest
Questions for my nominees
- What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it?
- Do you annotate your books?
- Which country/state do you live in?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Do you usually go to see a film adaptation of a book you’ve read?
- How many languages do you speak?
- Do you ever DNF books?
- Do you have a favourite reading spot?
- Do you have a bookstagram?
- Do you have reading goals for 2018?
- What was the last TV-show or film you watched?
Thank you again to Ashley in Wonderland for the nomination and the great questions!
Thank you so much for reading!